PIGGY ðŸ– PUGS
Pug Purchase Contract
Seller Name: ______________________________
Buyer Name: ______________________________
Date Deposit Made: ________________
Date of Pickup: _______________
Terms: ( )Purchase ( )Co-ownership
Registration: ( )Full ( )Limited
Non-Refundable Deposit: _______________ Date:_________________
Balance paid: ____________ Date: ________________ (Balance due on pick up)
1. Breed: ____________________
Gender: ( )Male ( )Female
Litter/Registration Number: _________________________
Call Name: ______________
Call Name: ______________
1. The dog has had the following vaccinations deemed appropriate by the seller. Seller reserves the right to purchase vaccinations at the place of their choosing:
2. The puppy will be checked by a vet if any issues arise and if the breeder feels that this is necessary for the health and wellbeing of the puppy. Fecal testing will only be done if the seller feels that it is necessary before the puppy is picked up ______________________________________________
_________________ on _________________
3. The puppy has had the following worming’s on the following dates (Wormer is prescribed by the following Vet):
4. Seller believes that the dog is healthy and in good condition except for the following:
5. Seller cannot guarantee certain colors, pugs color often changes in the first year.
6. Purpose for Purchasing Puppy
( ) Pet or family companion
( ) Breeding
The parties accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions governing the purchase of the dog.
Signature of Buyer: ____________________________________________________
Signature of Seller: ____________________________________________________
1. Deposit, Payment of Purchase Price, Fees
1. Deposit is to be made by Cash (in person), Zelle, Walmart to Walmart (only with approval) or Certified Check(must be sent overnight), Cash App
2. Buyer has paid a deposit of $_______ , with payment of the balance of $_______ due upon release of the Dog to Buyer.
3. The expected pickup date is _____________________. Puppy is to be picked up by the owner, or a close relative.
4. Payment of the balance is to be made by cash ONLY.
5. Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Buyer will forfeit the deposit and any payment made and any and all rights to the Dog if:
1. Buyer fails to complete the purchase of the Dog for any reason, or
2. Buyer fails to pay the balance of the Purchase Price the day of the determined pickup date and buyer doesn’t pick up the puppy on pick up weekend.
6. In either event, Seller shall be free to sell the Dog to another party.
7. In the event that the Dog is not available due to sickness, death, or any other circumstance owing to the fault of Seller, Buyer’s deposit will be transferred to the next available litter of puppies. If full purchase price has been paid than all money paid will go toward the next available puppy of same color and sex. No refund will be given. If partial payment has been made, money will go toward next available puppy of the same color and sex. No refund will be given
8. Buyer is responsible to make arrangements to pick up their puppy on the weekend stated.
Seller’s Representations and Warranties
ï¶ Seller represents and warrants to Buyer that:
1. Seller is the legal and true owner of the Dog and that Seller has full right and authority to sell the Dog.
2. The Dog is being sold free and clear of any lien, security interest, charge or other encumbrance.
3. Seller guarantees that the Dog is a purebred dog, offspring of the purebred sire and purebred dam set out on page 1 of this Agreement.
4. The Dog is in good health and free of communicable diseases at the time of this sale. Buyer has 2 days (48 hours) from the pickup date to have the Dog examined by a licensed veterinarian, at Buyer’s sole cost. If the Dog fails the examination, Buyer may return the Dog, with a written statement from the veterinarian and will be transferred to another litter of their choosing. Failure by Buyer to have the Dog examined within the 2-day (48 hours) period will nullify this warranty. If Buyer chooses to keep the puppy, no replacement will be given, and all medical costs and treatment are sole responsibility of the Buyer. This health guarantee will be null and void.
5. This Guarantee does NOT cover Pug Dog Encephalitis (PDE) and canine hip dysplasia (CHD), as well as minor concerns like elongated palate, patellar luxation, stenotic nares, Legg-Perthes disease, entropion, keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), or hemivertebra. Also does not cover the treatment of Coccidia, Giardia, Hookworms, Roundworms, Tapeworms or Whipworms or any other common intestinal parasite. Seller will provide fecal results at time of pick up, it is suggested you continue a worming schedule after pickup and repeat fecal tests. If fecal test is positive, breeder will start treatment and will send appropriate wormer home with the puppy if needed. Please make sure NOT to set your puppy down on the ground until they have completed the series of booster shots. This is to help prevent Parvo. Your puppy has had the first shot and will need to continue them at your vet. NEXT BOOSTER IS DUE 3 WEEKS AFTER 1ST SHOT!!! Initials: ____________________________ Date: _____________
6. This Guarantee does not cover improper bite, undescended testicles, cherry eye, skin allergies, hernias, or any symptoms of brachycephalic syndrome which occurs in most flat faced dogs.
7. Seller will NOT replace a puppy due to heat stroke, abuse/neglect, or improper socialization. Buyer agrees that they have thoroughly researched the Pug breed and understand the many health issues they can possess. Buyer is responsible for all medical costs of their puppy. (No refunds will be given) This guarantee covers only the original Buyer and is not transferable.
8. To ensure that Buyer does not euthanize the Dog or take it to an animal shelter, Seller will take the Dog back at any time during the Dog’s lifetime. Seller will not issue a refund or provide another Dog to Buyer unless the Dog’s return was a result of any misrepresentation on the part of Seller with respect to the Dog’s health
9. The seller will endeavor to place any returned puppy/dog as advantageously as possible. If a purchase price is obtained for the puppy/dog, it will be refunded to the original buyer, less the deposit and any costs of placement, including but not limited to vet care. If the puppy/dog is placed free of charge or not placed, no money will be returned to the original buyer. No veterinary or other costs of keeping the puppy/dog, or any other costs incurred by the original buyer resulting from his/her ownership of the puppy/dog, will be paid by the seller to the original buyer of the puppy/dog under any circumstances
10. The seller in no way guarantees that this puppy/dog shall win in conformation and/or performance events.
11. The seller agrees to provide advice and information on the breed to the best of his/her ability.
12. If the seller determines, by any means, that the puppy/dog is not suitably cared for, or that it has been mentally or physically mistreated, the seller has the right to take full possession of the dog, and its duly signed AKC/CKC transfer papers/registration, without compensation.
13. The seller’s opinion is the only authority required to justify this action. Testimony of other people will not supersede the seller’s judgment on this matter. Under such circumstances, all warranties are then VOID.
No other warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated above.
Signed by the seller: __________________________
Buyer represents to Seller that:
1. The Dog will reside with Buyer as companion pet to Buyer and Buyer’s family. This will be a pet home ONLY unless approved for breeding rights.
2. Buyer will keep the puppy in an enclosed area of adequate size and will not allow the Dog to roam at will. Buyer will not keep the Dog chained or tethered or permanently house the Dog in a kennel.
3. Buyer will provide the Dog with nutritious food and necessary veterinary care, including de- worming, heartworm prevention and regular vaccinations (including rabies).
4. Buyer agrees to keep the puppy on the same food that he was on while with the breeder. If the Buyer wishes to change the puppy’s food they agree to do so gradually, mixing the old food and the new food so as not to cause tummy troubles. Buyers Initials :__________________on ___________.
5. Buyer is not acting as agent for any other person or business in the purchase of the Dog.
6. Buyer will not sell, give, or release the Dog to a pet shop, retail store, dog dealer, animal testing facility, research facility, or an agent for any such business or facility.
7. If at any time the buyer is unable to keep or care for the puppy/dog, it must be returned to the seller and no one else. The puppy/dog may not be transferred or sold by the buyer. The buyer’s understanding and acceptance of this condition is signified here by his or her initials: ___________ on ___________.
8. The buyer agrees to maintain the puppy/dog’s health with yearly vaccinations as specified by their veterinarian.
9. Should the puppy/dog become ill or unsound, any and all costs of treatment will be the responsibility of the buyer.
10. The buyer agrees to socialize, train, and keep the puppy/dog in a manner acceptable to the seller.
11. If at any time, the seller finds that the puppy/dog is being kept, treated, or allowed to behave in a manner not acceptable to him/her, the buyer agrees to surrender the puppy/dog to the seller. It shall include all of its registration documents, with ownership transfer adequately signed.
1. Indemnity and Release
1. If any action or failure to act on the part of Buyer shall result in any claim, suit, loss, damage, injury, death, or liability, Buyer agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Seller harmless and to pay all of Seller’s costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, any amount paid in settlement and any award or judgment with respect thereto.
2. Buyer releases Seller from any and all liability, costs or damages caused by the Dog after placement with Seller, including but not limited to damage to or destruction of property, and injury to any person.
3. The buyer agrees not to sue the seller and to pay any and all court or attorney fees incurred by the seller should any suit be brought against the seller regarding this puppy/dog by any person. The buyer signifies acceptance of this condition by initialing here: __________ on ________.
1. Limitation of Action
1. Any action or claim brought by Buyer against Seller for breach of this Agreement or for loss due to negligence must be brought within one (1) year of the date such claim or loss occurs.
1. Ground Nanny/Delivery of Puppy
1. Seller will ground nanny the dog to Buyer at the meeting place listed.
Date of Meeting: __________________________________________
Meeting Place: __________________________________________
To be paid for by the buyer. Fees are listed on our website.
2. Total Cost for Ground Nanny Service:
3. Flight Clearance Fee. Fee is to be Paid before the vet visit to clear puppy to fly. Total Fee is: $300
4. Price is Subject to change for Ground Nanny Service.
Puppy has been received by the following:
Signed by the buyer: ______________________________ on _____________.